Eagle’s Eye to be Shut Down

The Eagles Eye Newspaper will be shut down for the remainder of the year, for writing April Fools Articles.

The Eagle’s Eye Newspaper will be shut down for the remainder of the year, for writing April Fool’s Articles.

Jane Elliston

(Editor’s Note: This article was posted on April 1st as an April Fools joke. Since it is still being shared post-April 1st, we want to make sure that everyone knows this was a joke.)

Due to the publishing of false articles throughout the day, Fair Grove High School Eagle’s Eye News run by Freshman English teacher Joseph Florez will be cancelled, effective immediately. “It was only a joke for April Fools. We didn’t think that by publishing these papers, our class would be cancelled. We thought the community could take a joke,” said former class teacher, Mr. Florez.

This year for April Fools, the High School’s Newspaper class decided to write numerous articles for the purpose of learning a genre of articles, yellow journalism. After the class wrote said articles, they were published by the class editors: Senior Brystol Bates and Senior Kayla Hodges. Co-Newspaper Editor Brystol Bates stated, “It was honestly just an experiment. How many people actually read our papers? How would the community members react? How much feedback would we gain?”

Although the published articles were crazy and bizarre, it was believed that the members of the community would never believe them; not only this, the newspaper never expected so much feedback, or how grave the consequences might be. Co-Newspaper Editor Kayla Hodges commented, “We never thought we would get so many comments and complaints. I was actually impressed by how many people actually read our papers! It’s amazing, but at the same time I am heartbroken that we defaced the public’s trust – which lead to the class being shut down.”

The Newspaper class as a whole, holds great remorse in their hearts as they greatly regret their actions and pack up the classroom. The school is currently unsure of what the students will be doing for the remainder of the year, but it is most likely that the fourth hour class will remain sitting quietly in the high school library for a study hall hour. Florez stated, “I greatly regret our recent actions. I wish I could take down all of these false articles, could continue teaching the Newspaper class, and could regain the trust of the community. I am so sorry.”

For more information please visit: https://fairgrovenews.com/4163/uncategorized/fair-grove-news-shutdown/