FGHS Offers New Classes

The+chandelier+that+hangs+in+the+hallway+outside+of+the+art+room.+

The chandelier that hangs in the hallway outside of the art room.

Lillian Crum

This year Fair Grove High School has taken the initiative to create new classes for students to take next year. Ryan Buffington and Stephanie Brown are only two out of the many teachers who will offer new classes for next year. Buffington has provided a new class for high school PE allowing the events of archery, fishing, and many outside adventures to the students. Many students have mentioned wanting an outdoor class such as this. Stephen Dunham, a sophomore, stated, “It would be a lot of fun having an outside class. We would be able to get out our energy and do something we enjoy. I tend to get restless in class and can’t think straight because I fidget all the time.”

Brown is providing a sculpture class. It is a more hands on class that focuses on building with unique items. For people who aren’t as interested in drawing or painting nor who want to be in advanced art, this class would be recommended. There have been many sculptures made before such as a cardboard hand built up with circular pieces, and a chandelier made from a metal frame, rope, and mason jars which holds electric candles. This class will be filled with many DIY projects and allows for creativity to flow. “I think most kids would like this class because it is manual class. I’ve heard people say they love art but aren’t into drawing, they just like to build sculptures,” sophomore Morgan Kern mentioned.

While Fair Grove is a smaller school they provide many class opportunities for their students.

It gives the students more freedom and to have experience in doing what they love. Giving the students the chance to take the opportunity to be more involved with school and allow them to focus. The staff are also eager for the students to have the liberty of taking these classes to their full advantage.