High School Awards Night Ends Year On a High Note

Assistant Principle Christian Overstreet presenting award to Alana Findley (12)

On Wednesday, May 8th, the annual High School Awards Night was held in the Middle School Commons at 7:00 PM. During the awards ceremony, teachers presented their top students with awards, scholarships were awarded to graduating seniors, the salutatorian and the valedictorian were recognized, and those with perfect attendance and a 4.0 GPA were respectively acknowledged.

Tonya Peck, High School Counselor and speaker at the event, commented, “We have the awards night to recognize the hard work and dedication that our students have throughout the year.  This can be a great incentive for students to continue to strive to do their best. It also allows parents to see the academic achievements of their child be recognized.

In total, O’Bannon Bank, MFA, Lion’s Club, Chamber of Commerce, Community Blood Center of the Ozarks, Cowboy Church, Quarterback Club, Booster Club, Music Boosters, and various individuals that honor the memory of their loved ones donated over $12,500 in local scholarships to graduating seniors. Some of the local scholarships awarded were the MFA Foundation’s to Macey Stallings; O’Bannon Bank’s to Holly Lemon; Lion’s Club’s to Ryah Icenhower and Christopher Juliano; Lisa Buckner Memorial’s to Olivia Prince; Mallard Memorial’s to Tausha Todd; Chamber of Commerce’s to Brystol Bates and Ashlee Gallinger; Cowboy Church’s to Cameron Fetterhoff and Sarah Bethurem; CBCO’s to Landon Baker; Booster Club’s to Shyanne McBroom and Matthew Guynn; Quarterback Club’s to Kolten Coddington and Matthew Guynn, and the Fair Grove Music Booster’s to Jane Elliston and Christopher Juliano.

Of the seniors that graduated this year, two distinguished themselves from the rest and were recognized for their achievements. Jane Elliston was the Salutatorian of the 2019 Senior Class, and Sarah Bethurem was the class Valedictorian. In addition, several students were recognized for maintaining a 4.0 grade point average the entire year, and others were recognized for maintaining perfect attendance.

The awards night also marked the end of the senior class’s last day of school, before their graduation the following Friday.