JOLT and the Giant Ball of Death

Photo by Sydney Dame

Students watching the Big Ball of Death, ready to play.

Sydney Dame

JOLT, the non denominational club that focuses on proclaiming the name of Jesus Christ has gathered again for 5th Quarter on Friday, October 11th. Sponsored and lead by Science teacher, Mr. Jon Foster, and Science teacher, Ms. Sarah Brannock. They gathered with the students of Fair Grove High School to play many rounds with the Giant Ball of Death (a game played with an extremely large beach ball with a goal of trying to reach opposite ends of the gymnasium to score a point) and to listen to Coach Ryan Buffington give his salvation testimony of how Jesus Christ saved his life both now and for eternity. They then ended the night by all joining hand and hand in a circle on the gym floor to pray together. 

Mr. Foster wants to spread the word of Jesus Christ to the students and faculty of Fair Grove High, “A man existed who claimed He was God. Then was killed because of this. Then He came back to life and told everybody that He is the only way to make all your wrongs right with God. If I indeed believe this…people need to know that.” 

Once a month JOLT will gather and have a meeting call GPD (gym, pray, donuts). They start the meeting by eating a piece of candy and then a student will lead the group in a time of scripture/encouragement then they will pray for each other and the school. “Once a month I try and have a time where students can gather together, be encouraged by scripture from the Bible, and then pray together. And yes…we have donuts,” said Mr. Foster.

JOLT also goes on a mission trip over Spring Break to help build orphanages in Mexico, this year they will be going to Big Heart Orphanage in Reynosa, Mexico to aide in the building of the orphanages.