Ag Issues: An Introduction

Bailey+Richardson+

Bailey Richardson

Bailey Richardson, Website Editor

“The discovery of agriculture was the first big step towards civilized life.” quoted Author Keith, a Scottish anatomist and physical anthropologist.

I believe that it would be difficult for anybody to disagree with this quote no matter what involvement you have in agriculture. Agriculture was the first step in human development, as we learned how to grow our own food, make our own clothes, and build our own houses. Based on that development, I believe agriculture is an important factor in everyones’ life.

My name is Bailey Richardson and I’m a senior at Fair Grove High School. I have been involved in agriculture ever since I can remember, from raising beef cattle for butcher, to growing vegetables in the garden. I am a long time 4-H member, and 4-year member of the Fair Grove FFA Chapter. These experiences have only brought me closer to agriculture, and helped me develop my passion towards it. I understand fully that not everybody shares the same feelings or enthusiasm for agriculture as I do, which is why I decided to share current agricultural issues through my writings.

Agriculture is a huge part of what makes up our lives, whether you are aware of how involved you may be or not. If you have ever eaten a meal, you are a part of agriculture. Through my series of articles, I will share my personal opinions along with researched materials over issues/matters that pertain to agriculture that is directly impacting our country.

Agriculture is a great opportunity for people to understand more about what they’re eating, where their food comes from, and how to be more self-sufficient. The agricultural industry is one of the top industries in the nation and globally, covering everything from small family farms to corporate fast food services.

I am excited to share my passion for agriculture with you throughout my writings, and to further educate myself on issues affecting agriculture today.