Middle School Football News

Middle School Football players preparing for their game against Forsyth

Dalton Roberts

This year, the Fair Grove Middle School Football program for the 5th and 6th graders has recently changed and the 7th and 8th graders have games every week this season.

With the kids only being in 7th and 8th grade, there is still a whole high school career to go and a lot of changes in between. With changing coaches completely, it could be a completely different way of playing. The kids could change positions, plays, and even a kids view on the game of football. 

When talking about the 5th and 6th graders, they have had a completely different way of playing than when they were in elementary. When playing at a younger age the kids played Mighty Mights, which it is a change worth thinking of. The 5th and 6th graders now have a more competitive team and competition with a game almost every week. 

When growing up playing football and playing throughout middle school there is a long road of school ball to play throughout school. As the kids get older they grow and the game becomes more and more of a competitive game. As the kids play middle school ball they are being looked at by the coaches of their future years. High School coach Bill Vorhis said “I always keep up with our JH and youth programs. I have been watching these groups since they were in our youth programs even before JH.” For the kids knowing that they are being looked at even at such a young age it can help the kids to push harder game after game and it allows the coaches to see what they have coming and what a kid can work on when they get to the age to play High School Football. 

Fair Grove Middle School is an introduction to High School Football. There are a lot of changes in the game play throughout middle school years and  there is a big transition when going to high school. Bill Vorhis, the high school coach, said “It is always a transition when it comes to HS sports but they will find their riles and I think they will continue to enjoy football at FG” Middle School Football is a way to get into the playing field of the Fair Grove Football swing of things and open up to coaches to predict a future for yourself. 

Fair Grove Middle School Football is something a lot of parents want their kids involved in because it is one of the biggest events in Middle School for a child as well as opening up a lot of opportunities for their child. The teams have done great throughout the year so far and they have a big future for football ahead of them.

For more photos, from the Fair Grove Middle School Football Game at home vs. Forsyth, click here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EtiaFEsd9Dph7QQxmGO3nXANjhB2Po0j?usp=sharing