Where are they now? Matt Loyd

Gabrielle Roberts, Asst. Elementary / Asst. Copy Editor

The Fair Grove Newspaper staff will be featuring several former Fair Grove High graduates, in an attempt to share with the student body, their life after high school.

Matt Loyd, a 2011 Fair Grove graduate tells about his college experience. Currently Matt is attending Central Methodist University, where he is majoring in Sports Medicine (Athletic Training) and is entering his Senior year.

“I recently completed an internship at the Mercy Sports Medicine Health Tracks over the summer. My plans are to graduate from CMU, pass my board exam, and achieve my Masters degree at Missouri State with an emphasis in Sports Medicine,” says Loyd. He then plans to find a job in a clinical setting, where he can help patients through rehab.

Loyd also mentioned some of his accomplishments in college. He says his major has allowed him to reach out and help people.

“People know if they have an injury I will help them in any way I can. I want to be known as someone anybody can talk to if they’re in need of help.”

Outside of academics, Matt has had many other college accomplishments. He played basketball at CMU for the first two years of his college career. After his sophomore year Matt decided to focus on his major, but still kept up with golf. Loyd is also an intern coach for the weight room, where he takes athletes through workouts. Matt is a part of a few clubs, including SATA (Student Athletic Training Association), and SGA (Student Government Association).

Loyd explains, “I feel like high school prepared me for life in many different aspects. From learning study habits, to getting a good education, high school prepared me for college very well.”

In high school Loyd was involved in numerous extracurricular activities, some of which were: playing basketball, baseball, and golf, while also holding positions in FBLA and SADD during his time at Fair Grove. “Some of my greatest high school accomplishments were scoring over one thousand points in my basketball career, and getting the opportunity to go to college and play basketball for CMU.”

Loyd is evidence that high school is full of challenges, but through hard work and dedication it can get you to where you want to go.