Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s the News? The Good News!

Photo Taken by Rebecca Kepes
Associate Pastor, Adam Masters, leads a lesson for Fair Grove Elementary students at the Good News Club.

Fair Grove Elementary students gather after school on Thursdays to sing, dance, play games, and learn about the Bible. The engaging activities are a part of the Good News Club. 

Additionally, leaders and members of Fruitland Road Church sponsor the Fair Grove Good News Club and lead lessons over different stories of the Bible and scripture. The Good News Club is an interdenominational worldwide Bible-based after-school program designed for children ages 5 to 12 years old. 

The club was developed by the Child Evangelism Fellowship, based in Warrenton, Missouri.

“The Good News Club curriculum is based on biblical principles that teach moral values, character qualities, and respect for authority,” explained Fruitland Road Church Associate Pastor Adam Masters.

Each time the club meets it provides a fun and innovative way to teach the students lessons from the Bible. The students also get snacks, enjoy games, sing songs, and memorize scripture. 

Fair Grove first grade teacher and volunteer for the Good News Club, Leah Masters, stated that the purpose of the club is to teach scripture in an exciting and safe environment as well as to help kids understand the love that Jesus has for them. 

Fruitland Road Church sponsors the club as a part of its mission to evangelize the community. “We are a congregation of believers committed to sharing the message of Christ and guiding others towards faith in Him. As a church, we aim to love those in our community with the same love Christ has given to us,” added Masters.

According to Masters, there are more than 79,000 Good News Clubs throughout the world and around 3,000 Good News Clubs that meet in elementary schools in the United States each year. In Southwest Missouri, 28 Good News Clubs gather in elementary schools. 

Due to U.S Supreme Decisions, schools are allowed to host bible clubs in public schools. “In 2001, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that Bible clubs such as the Good News Club must be given the same access to public school facilities accorded any other non-school-related outside group, such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and sports clubs, etc,” said Masters.

When asked what takeaway from the Good News Club that she would like for students to remember, Leah Masters said, “That God loves these kids, and that He wants to have a relationship with them.”

View Comments (2)