Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Making the Transition; Middle School to High School

Photo taken by Rebecca Kepes
Current eighth grader, Maryah Wisely, pictured here at the R.E.A.L. Simulation with Olivia Ackles (10), and Luke Engel (11), will join the high school ranks next year.

For many, moving to high school is a large leap from middle school, and with the differences in the environment students plan on making their own personal changes. 

Cinch Dowling (8) said, “The things I plan on changing when going into high school are my organization and time management when it comes to homework … I would also like to make more time to spend with my friends and family.”

Challenges that can be faced in high school can be anything from harder classes and school work to experiencing new friendships and relationships with peers and classmates. 

Many students are more excited than they are nervous. Isabel Bruner (8) is very excited for high school, but she is also very nervous for the new challenges she might face there, she also plans to be more outgoing in the things she does in high school. 

“I am more excited for high school because that means I am one step closer to becoming an adult and having my dream job!” Palin Lentz (8) said positively.

High school is a time of change. It is a time to make new friends, join clubs, and create new experiences. For some, high school can be a fresh start, Lexie Lepold (8) explained, “I am most looking forward to high school for the new friends, fresh starts, and academic changes.”

These are just some of the few things that high school has to offer for the class of 2028. High school is full of new opportunities for those looking for them. Joining clubs or sports can be a way to open up these opportunities to everyone. 

Bruner is just one example of this, “I am looking forward to the sports that come with it! I am very excited to try out for basketball and volleyball and get closer with the amazing girls.”

A challenge that will be faced by these incoming freshmen is balancing academics with clubs, sports, and friendships. Dowling said that this was one of the things that he would struggle with most. 

“I feel like growing up is a lot to handle and the closer I get to college the more I start thinking about my life after I graduate. I will be more stressed with all the clubs and sports I’m in and trying to keep my grades up,” Dowling expressed, “but I am confident that I can figure things out in the end.” 

The incoming freshmen are full of hope in this new chapter of their lives and are extremely excited. Though they are nervous, they want to try their best to succeed in the upcoming years and their excitement outweighs the nerves.