Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Fair Grove Example: Brandon Kandlbinder Feature

A+photo+of+senior+Brandon+Kandlbinder+looking+into+the+distance.+
Photo provided by Brandon Kandlbinder
A photo of senior Brandon Kandlbinder looking into the distance.

Brandon Kandlbinder, a senior at Fair Grove High School, has set an exuberant example of an involved student, balancing difficult classes, leadership positions and out of school activities.

Kandlbinder is a highly involved student, he explained his dedication, “I am involved in Soccer, Band (jazz, jazz combo, pep, marching), Newspaper. I was captain of the soccer team for two years. I’ve been in band leadership (section leader and drum captain) for 3 years now along with being an editor for two years.” 

Natalie Palamo, band director at Fair Grove added, “Brandon’s a great leader. He has high expectations for himself and for others, and insists on excellence from himself and his section. He’s led our drum line to an award-winning group, after years of dedication on his part (and the other kids’!). He’s also a generally positive influence on the group, with a joke to crack or a kind word to kids who are working to improve.”

Hannah Bruner (12), explained the impact Kandlbinder has, “Brandon contributes energy and passion for music that can be seen at any football or basketball game. Brandon gets not only the cheer team, but the pep club, and parents excited and energized because his passion for the drums is apparent and his ability is unmatched.” 

Joseph Florez explained, “One thing I appreciate about Brandon as a Newspaper Editor is his leadership. Oftentimes high schoolers mistake leadership as being bossy or being the star, but another version of leadership is seeing where there are needs, and stepping up in those moments to be a problem solver. That’s something that Brandon is very good at, seeing something that needs addressed, and just getting the job done without complaining.” 

Kandlbinder was a great example as an athlete. Highstreet explained, “Brandon was one of the leaders on our team.  The experience and knowledge of the game was a big asset to our team this year.  He showed the younger players dedication and selflessness.  He always put the team first”

Bradley Blecher (12), one of Kandlbinder’s teammates added, “His presence and the happiness he brought I’m sure will be missed.”

Kandlbinder has big plans after high school, “Following high school, I plan to attend OTC for a financial major in accounting and auditing. I hope to become an auditor for businesses and companies to improve financial integrity.” 

Kandlbinder is very interested in traveling the world and has already visited Italy where his heritage began. He wrote, “Some lifetime goals I have would be to speak fluent Italian, French, and Spanish.”