Student Club Officers for 2018-2019

Students play Bubble Ball at SADD Kickoff

Georgia Whalley

Fair Grove High School offers a plethora of clubs for students to join and be in charge of with the help of sponsors. The sponsors are teachers that supervise, help with meetings, and assist in organizing activities for those involved in their club. Students that help run these clubs are called officers. Officers are held to a higher standard of work compared to others in the club. They have to be kind, caring, responsible, hard working in and outside of club meetings, as well as being a good student.

Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) is the most popular club currently for the high school and it is sponsored by Mr. Jon Foster. SADD is in charge of spirit weeks, Safe and Sober, seat belt checks, and many other activities. There are 25 students who will be officers for the 2018-19 school year. The SADD President will be Sarah Bethurem (12) with Vice President Leah Weaver (11), Historians Emma Hackett (12) and Cydney Fullerton (12) as well as Secretary, Jaden Peterie (12). The focus group Presidents will be Mattie Lair (12), Matthew Guynn (12), Ryah Icenhower (12), and Danyael Shelton (12). The focus group Vice Presidents will be Natalie Anglen (12), Ashlee Gallinger (12), Tristin Cross (12), and Landon Baker(12). As well as these titles, the cabinet members will be Halli Phifer (11), Haili Good (11), Darin Oplotnik (11), Kennedy Phifer (11), Haylee Wingo (10), Jacob Morelan (11), Alex Ince (11), David Oplotnik (11), Maddie Walters (11), Maddie Clark (11), Kaylee Gerling (11) and Georgia Whalley (11).

“FBLA is a student led organisation that focuses on making students employable with many skills linking to business and entrepreneurial endeavors.” Said FBLA sponsor, Ms. Sandra Robinson. This years officers will be Cody Gunder (12) as Faux Officer, Ryan Odom (12) as Reporter, David Oplotnik (11) as Parliamentarian/Historian, Kolton Coddington (12) as Treasurer, along with London Baker (12) as Secretary. Along with these students, Alex Ince (11) will be Vice President of Membership, Cydney Fullerton (12) and Ryah Icenhower (12) will be Vice Presidents of Community Service, Liz Holland (11) will be Vice President at Large as well as Logan Holliman (12) and Ashlee Gallinger (12) as Co-Presidents.

Speech and Theatre is a club that goes to other schools to compete in multiple different categories at tournaments. Kayla Hodges (12) and Emma Hackett (12) as co-presidents, Dane Psyhos (11) as speech Vice President and Danyeal Shelton (12) as Theatre Vice President. The Public Representatives will be Bria Jones (11) and Taylor Milton (11) with Abby Quirino (11) as Secretary.

When talking about Future Farmers of America (FFA) Mr. Mike Stockton said, “We attend National Convention in the fall and compete at State Convention in the spring.  We are visible to the community during Fall Festival, FFA Week, and educate the elementary students during Farm Day.” The President will be Brooke Heavin (11) accompanied by the Vice President, Macey Stallings (12). The Secretary will be Leah Weaver (11), with treasurer Davey Earnser (11), Reporter Garrett Love (12), Sentinel Travis Reynaud (11), Assistant Matthew Ferguson (10), Historians Maddie Clark and Kassie Stevens (12), Parliamentarian Johnna Duncan (10) and Chaplin Brecken Lair (10).

National Honor Society (NHS) will have an Executive Officer Committee consisting of Jane Elliston (12), Holly Lemon (12), Olivia Prince (12), Brystol Bates (12), and Cydney Fullerton (12). Ms. Amy Johnson stated, “They will work as a team instead of separate responsibilities for each position.” She then added, “These officers will be in charge of planning different service projects throughout the community and running/maintaining the school coffee shop.”

The school has over 10 clubs, multiple not assigning their officers till next year or not having any at all. Congratulations to all who were given the opportunity to be a leader and role model. Let’s have a great 2018-19 school year!