Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ryan Seybert Creates Artistic Possibilities for Fair Grove Students

Fair Grove Elementary Visual Art Teacher, Ryan Seybert, is pictured with her one-year-old daughter, River.
Photo provided by Ryan Seybert

Fair Grove Elementary Visual Art Teacher, Ryan Seybert, has been working for the Fair Grove school district for 18 years with the goal of uplifting students and making art exciting. 

Seybert began working at Fair Grove Elementary School in 2006. She started out as a third grade teacher before she transitioned into teaching Pre-K through 4th grade art. 

One of the things she enjoys most about teaching is watching her students grow and flourish through their artwork. “It’s truly a blessing to be part of the village that supports our kiddos and allows them to reach their goals and achieve whatever success looks like to them,” Seybert shared. 

Fair Grove Elementary School Principal, Dr. Charity Hollan, expressed how she sees Seybert engage with her students, “She assists them to create an amazing piece of artwork.”

Seybert utilizes different strategies to try and encourage students to be imaginative in the artwork they create. “Getting to know students personally and what motivates and excites them. I try to use supplies that are engaging. Anything ooey and gooey is usually a hit,” Seybert explained.

Heather Lumley, Fair Grove Elementary music teacher, said Seybert is always caring and thoughtful towards her students. She adds that Seybert is attentive to her students’ needs.

“Ms. Ryan (Seybert) notices things about children that are often missed by others. She pays attention to their emotional and physical well-being,” Lumley stated. 

Seybert finds ways to inspire her students to be excited and engaged in their art projects.  One of the tactics she uses is allowing her students to tap into their creativity.

“I try to motivate my students by letting them make decisions and choices about their art.  A child’s imagination is so precious!  I remind them that there are no mistakes.  The most important thing is to have fun,” Seybert expressed. 

Throughout the elementary school the artwork that Seybert’s students produce can be enjoyed by anyone who passes by.  Lumley says how fun it is to see the creativeness of the students’ artwork posted up around the school. 

“She has the kiddos’ artwork displayed throughout the halls.  I love to see the projects they’ve been working on, especially their doughnuts which look so good you could bite into them. She also wrote at least two grants to have the children’s work displayed permanently in the halls,” Lumley stated.

Seybert shares that being a teacher to children in Pre-K through 4th grade helps her build strong relationships with her students year after year. She wants her students to know that they can do difficult things and face any challenge that comes their way.