Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Showcasing the Stars Behind the Shows: Speech and Theater Showcase

%28From+left+to+right%29+Collin+Shea+%2810%29%2C+Aaron+Faucett+%2812%29%2C+and+Anna+Moffis+%2810%29+practicing+for+the+high+school+production+of+The+Outsiders+play.+
(From left to right) Collin Shea (10), Aaron Faucett (12), and Anna Moffis (10) practicing for the high school production of The Outsiders play.

On Tuesday May 7th, the Fair Grove Theater and Speech students had a showcase disclosing awards for each member. The showcase took place in the Fair Grove Elementary School Gym at 7:00 PM.  

Students in both theater and speech were given opportunities to perform speeches in front of their audiences and community, bringing highlight to each student as they performed their pieces. Students Emma Pearson (11), Savannah Odom (9), Preston Hicks (10), Colton Hicks (10), Mackenzie Jenkins (10), and Nico Jenkins (12), were just a few of the many students who had voiced their speech pieces on stage that night. “Their pieces sent chills down my spine. They each depicted a serious topic and I really liked each of them,” said Anna Moffis (10).

As for the awards, Addison Zittle (12) was awarded for best director, Nico Jenkins (12) was awarded for best actor, and Aaron Faucett (12) was awarded for best stage manager. These were three of the few students who were awarded. “I was really happy for them, they really deserved the awards that they got,” voiced Moffis. 

“I was proud of them, but I wasn’t surprised. There were 50 different people who ended up voting and I was just happy to see how all their hard work and effort paid off in a way that promoted them,” explained Speech and Theater teacher, Leroy Barker.

Other things that were announced during the showcase for the theater and speech department were the future theater plans about shows, such as the production of “The Bold, The Young, and The Murdered: A Murder Mystery Comedy.” “The Bold, The Young, and The Murdered: A Murder Mystery Comedy” is a drama written by Don Zolidis and It’s a long-running soap opera and murder mystery comedy. 

With the showcase being wrapped up and showing to be successful for the Fair Grove Theater and Speech students, Barker had only one word to describe it. “I would describe it as Cumulative. It’s a sample of everything we’ve done in all the theater departments,” explained Barker. 

As the school year comes to an end and everything gets wrapped up, the theater will still be working in the background readying up for their next production. They will be working hard this summer and they will be ready to bring forward a fresh new performance for next year’s school year.