Project Graduation Hosts Car Show

Melinda Hoskins, Reporter

As the Fair Grove seniors end their final year of high school, they held a car show in front of the High School gymnasium on April 9 to raise money for project graduation. Registration was $15 for each car to enter the event. The car show started at 9:00 am and ended around 1:00 pm. Throughtout the show people could vote on different things they liked about the cars. There were a few bake sales and an auction for a Fair Grove blanket.
At 1:00 pm the trophies were handed out. Each trophy that was handed out had a specific title to why the car won. The trophies were Best of Show, Best Paint Job, Best Rad Rod, and Best Work In Progress. A few of the parents were there to help with the sales and organize the show. Bailey Weaver, one of the seniors that helped with the activities, which April Rutherford, one of the women in charge of the organization, had put together.
Weaver mentioned, “There were baked goods that we sold and breakfast in the concessions. For the kids there were games and a band that played while people walked around to look at the cars.” Each senior that helped with the show had a job to do. Whether it was helping sell the baked goods or help with the event in some way.
To help spark the event, Rutherford arranged for a folk band to play as people walked around to see the cars. There were 36 different cars that were in the show.
The seniors ended up raising over $1,000 for Project Grad. The students and parents who helped with this organization did a fantastic job setting up for the event. Although there weren’t very many cars to be showed, families came to the event and helped fund for Project Graduation.