Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Super Spirit for the Superbowl

Photo Taken by Gavin Brock
Banner of Chiefs Past Superbowl Wini

At Fair Grove High School, the workers, teachers, and students were excited for the 2024 Super Bowl LVIII, where the Kansas City Chiefs played the San Francisco 49ers.

Super Bowl LVIII was played on Sunday, February 11. Many students and teachers at Fair Grove get excited for sporting events and the Super Bowl is no different. History Teacher Jeremy Faubion stated, “The Super Bowl was a great time to be a Chiefs fan. It was an enjoyable game to watch.” 

Head Football Coach and Weights Teacher Bill Voorhis is also a Chiefs fan and was hoping they would win. On the topic of the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl Voorhis said, “I wasn’t surprised. Patrick Mahomes is probably the best quarterback to ever play the game of football and when you have that guy on your team, you should always expect a win from him.” 

Travis Kelce acting the way he did on the sideline changed the minds of some people including Voorhis. He explained, “I was hoping for a Chiefs victory, so that the overwhelming number of fans in our school could be happy, however after watching Travis Kelce on the sideline, I was really hoping that the 49ers would find a way to win the Super Bowl.”

Fair Grove student Dylan George (10) mentioned, “I was rooting for the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl this year and I was somewhat surprised by the outcome. It seemed like the Forty Niners had it in the bag and the Chiefs looked like they were falling apart, but somehow the Chiefs pulled off a win.”

Every year many people look forward to the Super Bowl so that they can watch the halftime show. This year’s Super Bowl Halftime Show got a lot of opinions. In regards to the halftime show, Faubion mentioned that he thought it was a fantastic show and he enjoyed it a lot. 

“I knew it would be a good game, because two great teams were playing, but Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs somehow seem to find a way to win in big games like this. It is a great time to be a Kansas City Chiefs fan,” Faubion stated. 

The lead was taken early in the game by the 49ers and each team fought for the lead the entire game eventually taking them into overtime. The Kansas City Chiefs won the 2024 Super Bowl LVII in overtime against the San Francisco 49ers with a close score of 25 to 22.