Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Trivia Night: “a FUN-draiser”

Photo taken by Waylon Wright
Jason Arthur and the Heartbreakers preparing to win Trivia Night. Pictured left to right: Finnegan Harp (9), Aidyn Owings (10), Jason Harp, Jeff Elliston, and Jesse Elliston (10)

Trivia Night is an annual event that acts as a way to fundraise for both the Fair Grove High School Band and the Fair Grove High School Scholar Bowl. 

Trivia Night was held on April 18th, 2024, at 6 p.m. in the Fair Grove Middle School Commons. For $50 teams of two to eight were able to sign up to play. It was based on “pub-style” trivia and questions can cover topics such as, events, sports, music, pop-culture, and a few other categories. 

Michelle Wahlquist, the Fair Grove High School Scholar Bowl Coach, explained, “This is a FUN-draiser for Scholar Bowl and Band, open to students, faculty and the community. Scholar Bowl ran the Trivia Night and Band had concessions for sale.”

There were a total of eight teams that participated in the event. The team that won was named Jason Arthur and the Heartbreakers. Jesse Elliston (10), a member of this team, said, “I had a very good time at Trivia night and I will probably go there again next year. Hopefully we can be back to back champions.”

Students who did not win still ended the night with memories of fun with friends. Kaden Baker (11) competed in the event with her team named The Goof Troop. Baker says, “Trivia night was a really good experience to be able to hang out with all my friends and think we were smarter than we are. I did really enjoy trivia night because it is a good opportunity to hang out with your friends and have a good time.”

The event served well as a fun way to raise money for band and Scholar Bowl. Band had concessions for sale at the event and Scholar Bowl ran the questions.

Natalie Palomo, the Fair Grove High School Band Teacher/Sponsor, said, “It was good to be able to offer the event again, it was a fun activity to be a part of, and we made a good profit as a fundraiser for both band and Scholar Bowl.”

This is the second time Fair Grove has hosted this event. The first time was in 2022 and the questions were part of a paid for program and were harder for participants to answer. In 2023, the event had to be canceled. 

However, this year’s event has been a success for both the Fair Grove Band and Fair Grove’s Scholar Bowl Team. Wahlquist said, “It was a success as a fundraiser for the two organizations, but more so as a night of laughter and friendly competition.”