Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Upcoming Fun at the Fall Family Fun Night

Photo taken by Fair Grove Newspaper
Mrs. Glenn demonstrating a science project at Fall Family Fun Night 2022.

The Fall Family Fun Night in the elementary is coming up on November 9th from 5:00-6:30 p.m. It is available for all elementary students and their parents.

“Family Fun Night is a community outreach program that the title department organizes and oversees. There is a fall one and a winter one. This is a time where parents/families can bring their child(ren) and have fun together,” stated special education teacher Whitney Hyde.

Hyde also added, “This night is open for all students kindergarten through fourth grade. P.A.T. (Parents-As-Teachers) also collaborates and families served by that organization are also invited. There are kids of all ages that come and participate. It is a good opportunity to have families in the school and have fun together.” Students are allowed to show up and leave whenever they feel during the night.

The Fall Family Fun Night is a relaxed night for kids to have fun. Reading recovery teacher Cara Kennard said, “At the Fall Family Fun Night, teachers from each grade level plan an activity, game, or craft for families to enjoy together. There are stations set up around the elementary and families can visit each station at their leisure. There will be a photo booth, a snack in the cafeteria, and lots of fun things to do!”

The activities, crafts, and games that are set up by the teachers are fall themed, and according to Kennard they are, “So much fun for everyone!” Additionally, the autumn themed areas that are used for these activities, crafts, and games are set up by the teachers.

The Fall Family Fun Night has been around for over 15 years. Kennard said, “Ever since FG became a Title I school, we have offered family fun nights at least twice a year. Every elementary student and their families are invited to attend.”

This year Hyde will be running a craft. Hyde said, “I am the sponsor for Shoebox For Soldiers and this year I will have an area set up where families, parents, and kids can write a letter, color a picture or make a card that will be included in these boxes that are shipped to soldiers all over the world for the holidays.”

Shoebox For Soldiers is a nationwide program. Shoebox For Soldiers was made to show soldiers that their country still supports them, and they are currently asking for halloween candy, packaged foods, and supportive boxes for the soldiers. 

The Fall Family Fun Night will be on November 9th from 5:00-6:30 in the Elementary, and will be for elementary students and their families.