Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Victoria Glenn: Retirement for The Win

Third Grade Fair Grove Elementary teacher, Mrs. Victoria Glenn.
Photo provided by Victoria Glenn

Over the past 21 years, Victoria Glenn, whom the students know as Mrs. Glenn has taken on the journey of teaching and educating the third graders of Fair Grove Elementary. 

Mrs. Glenn has taught numerous third grade classes in elementary. Over the years she has obtained a Bachelor of Science in Biology, Bachelor of Science in Spanish, and Master of Education. She is also involved in after-school programs like A+ tutoring and the run/walk club. Glenn stated, “I absolutely love the act of teaching as an ongoing and diagnostic/prescriptive and continuous process. My favorite part of teaching is my students and coworkers.”

According to Glenn, her favorite memories of Fair Grove is undergoing the love and support we show when hard times hit. Glenn explained, “I’m so proud of the way we’ve handled tragedies, disasters like the ice storm and the tornado that hit the Fair Grove District, and difficult mandates the state has sent us. Together we just find a way to support each other and get through.”

Christopher Haviland, a new third grade teacher at Fair Grove Elementary, stated, “As a new teacher working with Mrs. Glenn has helped me because she is a wealth of knowledge! She has been through and seen almost everything that might have happened in a classroom. I can come to her with any question and she is always able to help.”

Since Haviland has recently started his teaching career, he has been able to observe and learn from Glenn who has an abundant amount of knowledge and experience when it comes to teaching. Haviland added, “I have learned that as a teacher we are constantly evolving and growing. We can never be satisfied by our way of teaching because we can always learn something new.”

Remington Greek (3) is one of Mrs. Glenn’s many students from this year. He is one of the many students who has been impacted by Glenn. Greek said,  “Mrs. Glenn is awesome. We just started learning multiplication and division. She makes it easy for me and my friends to learn and go further in my education.” 

Lindsay Dunning, a science teacher at Fair Grove High School said, “Both my kids had Ms. Glenn as their 3rd grade teacher. She made a huge impact on them both. They will forever cherish how she made them feel loved and will always remember her stories. I, as the parent, will always be grateful for the way she challenged them academically and inspired them to change the world.”

Outside of school and teaching, Glenn’s hobbies and interests are gardening, farming, cooking, canning food, along with raising chickens and ducks. Glenn has three grown children who all attended Fair Grove, three grandchildren, a brother, two nephew, and a father who is still living and staying with Mrs. Glenn. 

Glenn has high hopes for the future with her passions. Glenn commented, “I dream of having a self-serve roadside building/stand next to my garden to sell my milk, eggs, and fresh produce to my neighbors.”

Over the past 21 years, Victoria Glenn has been a role model for decades of Fair Grove’s students. She has shown time and time again that she is vital to a successful learning experience at Fair Grove Elementary.