Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Julie Hampton Bringing Love and Dedication to Fair Grove Elementary

Julie+Hampton+teaching+her+students+in+the+library.+
Photo taken by Savannah Ipock
Julie Hampton teaching her students in the library.

On the surface, Julie Hampton is the Librarian at Fair Grove Elementary, but she is much more than just that for the other students and adults around her. 

Julie Hampton has been teaching at Fair Grove as the librarian for a consecutive nine years, but that is not even close to all of her experience in the school community. Hampton explained, “I have worked at Fair Grove for a total of 21 years.  I started as soon as I graduated high school as a cheer coach then through college I was a substitute.” 

Hampton continued, “Once I graduated from college I became a second grade teacher then title 1 math teacher and curriculum director.  I left Fair Grove for four years to be an elementary principal in the Marshfield School.” After her time at Marshfield is when she began the librarian position she still holds today. 

Hampton was first led to apply for the position as librarian because of her son and her desire for him to attend Fair Grove as she did. “When my oldest was in Pre-K at FG, it was announced there would be an opening the next year for the Fair Grove Elementary Librarian.  I knew that would be a great fit for me, so I took the test to become a certified librarian and applied for the job,” stated Hampton. 

Hampton did not stop at her job as a librarian in order to support her son, so she started another business as well. Hampton explained, “I started my nail business to support my oldest son going on the trip to Costa Rica.” Her nail business has been so successful that she continues to run it to this day on the side of being the elementary librarian. 

Christina Snitker, fourth grade teacher at Fair Grove Elementary, explained how Mrs. Hampton is more than just a librarian for the community. “Julie goes above and beyond to help students and teachers. She’s always sharing helpful resources and always greets students happily when they arrive for specials,” stated Snitker 

Snitker continued to state how Hampton is helpful to teachers and parents as well as her students, “She does lunch duty, hosts the book fair and family night events. She’s always available to give great advice.”

Hampton’s favorite part of being the librarian is not only the books she gets to provide her students with, but also the relationships she forms with them along the way. She exclaimed, “Hands down the best part of being the librarian is getting to teach the kiddos from PK to 4th grade.  I feel like I get to know them so well, see them mature, and send them off to middle school knowing I will get to watch them continue their journey at Fair Grove by rooting them on at ball games, competitions, and life!”

One of the biggest parts of being at Fair Grove is being proud of the community and thoroughly loving your school, and Hampton does just that. Dr. Hollan, the Fair Grove Elementary Principal exclaimed, “Mrs. Hampton is a Fair Grove Eagle alumni. She brings years of love and dedication to our school and community. She is so very proud to be an eagle.”