Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Chalise Shockley: Communicating the Curriculum

Photo taken by Desiree Labaw
Mrs. Shockley the curriculum director for Fair Grove Schools.

Chalise Shockley works as the Fair Grove School district’s curriculum and communications director and has been working at Fair Grove for 13 years and counting.

Before coming up to be on the administrative team Shockley was an elementary teacher for kindergarten for 12 years. Shockley stated, “I graduated from Fair Grove, taught for 12 years and this is my first year serving on the administrative team.”

Superintendent Mike Bell stated, “Before moving to the central office, Ms. Shockley was a kindergarten teacher in the elementary school … Mrs. Shockley has been with the district since 2011.”

Along with her pursuit of preparing students Shockley is responsible for overseeing the district’s curriculum, instruction, and assessment in accordance with Missouri state standards. Shockley stated, “I would love to help our school to continue seeking new learning opportunities for our students. My goal is to provide real world experiences that connect our teaching to their understanding.”

Shockley has a special role to help out our school as a whole. Bell stated, “Ms. Shockley’s main role is to help support teachers, students, and administrators in pursuit of preparing all students to be success ready graduates.” 

With Shockley being at Fair Grove most of her life she then stated, “I love Fair Grove because of our students and teachers. I’ve been both a student and teacher here and am proud of our school community.”

Shockley stated, “I wanted to teach at Fair Grove because of the positive role models I had during my education.” Ms. Shockley then goes on to explain, “I stay because our students and staff are family and I’m committed to providing the best educational experience we can for the students of Fair Grove Schools.”

Bell backs up her statement when he stated, “Her passion for Fair Grove Schools kids is second to none.”

Her passion for education along with being able to help students and their learning, Shockley continues to be a part of Fair Grove schools, with the experience of teaching and now having the experience of being on the administrative team to help curriculum.