Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lemon Leaving the Library

photo taken by Keira Sadler
Mrs. Lemon standing next to bookcases viewing books

Chanda Lemon is both the high school and middle school librarian at Fair Grove. Lemon has been at Fair Grove for 17 years, and concluding the 2023-2024 school year she will be retiring. 

Before becoming a librarian at Fair Grove, Lemon was a reading teacher in Texas for two years. Following that, she had the opportunity to do some overseas teaching in Guam as well as working as a librarian for Nixa High for 8 years.

Reflecting on her 17 years at Fair Grove Middle School and High School Library, Lemon stated, “I am filled with gratitude for the opportunities, experiences, and relationships that have shaped my career.”

Lemon has been a great contribution to the growth and development for countless students at Fair Grove. According to Lemon, she feels it is an incredible honor and privilege. Part of her job as our librarian includes having a small class session with different groups of middle school students to give literacy lessons. 

Lemon is also involved in History Bowl as the middle school coach for 6th through 8th grade, she mentioned that each school year they have conference competitions which they practice weekly for. In accordance with history bowl she is also involved as the club host for the high school book club.

Moreover, she is additionally involved in Literacy Bowl with the middle school. Currently, Lemon leads the literacy bowl with a 5th and 6th grade team that prepares throughout the school year for one large competition held in April at Southwest Baptist University. 

Kayla Holt ,a middle school English teacher at Fair Grove, expressed, “Mrs. Lemon helps students grow in their love for reading and being able to read and learn. She also helps teachers access literature resources for lessons or class activities.”

Following the conclusion of the 2023 – 2024 school year, Lemon has decided to retire from her position as the middle school and high school Librarian at Fair Grove. Lemon concluded, “My retirement decision comes after many years of educational services in Texas, Guam, and Missouri…I will forever cherish my time as a Fair Grove Eagle.”