Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Shooting for the Stars

Photo taken by Hannah Schwab
Junior Ashton Bell on the court while playing Ash Grove.

Junior Ashton Bell continues to be a leader on and off the court. Her hard work has affected many students and faculty around Fair Grove.

Bell is very involved at Fair Grove. She is involved in High School Basketball, High School Volleyball, High School Track, National Honors Society (NHS), Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), and Student Against Destructive Decisions (SADD). 

Bell is very active on the basketball team. “Bell has hit many big shots this year,” said Fair Grove Lady Eagles Basketball Coach Gary Greene, “Ashton is a tremendous worker who is always trying to get better and makes those around her better. She is a great player who can carry her team offensively.” 

Bell scored her 1000th career point on January 11, 2024, while playing Stoutland at the 17th Annual Skyline Girls Basketball Tournament. 

Bell has been playing basketball since Kindergarten and she quickly developed a love for the sport. Bell stated, “I have a really strong love for basketball, I’ve been playing my whole life and it’s what I plan to pursue in college. It distracts me from the things around me, whether it be school or anything else.” 

Hannah Maxwell (12) said, “Ashton has a very strong work ethic. She strives to do better when she steps on the floor every time. She wants to be a perfectionist and do things right…she has a lot of positive energy and brings the whole team up.” 

Junior Ashton Bell and Coach Gary Green after Bell’s recognition of 1000 career points. (Photo provided by Amy Bell)

Besides being a crucial teammate during the basketball games, outside of the court Bell is a friend to many. Meadow Carter (11) stated, “She’s always matched my energy and humor as a friend. One thing I will always admire about her is her awareness towards others when someone is upset. Ashton is not only competitive, but also a sympathetic teammate.” 

Carter furthermore added, “Ashton is a reliable friend that will be there whenever I need her. If I was in trouble, she would not hesitate to come help me with whatever I need. I have no doubts about her loyalty and kindness to her friends, and she loves hard.”

Maxwell commented, “Ashton has been in my life since I was a little kid. She and I have been close friends for a long time. She shows what a good friend looks like and she always looks at the positives of things.”

“Bell pushes to achieve more,” said Carter, “Ashton holds herself to a high standard when it comes to achieving what she desires, when Ashton puts her head down and pushes through adversity, good things come along with that.” 

Bell has already achieved great goals with her good work ethic and positive outlook.