Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Words of Wisdom From the Class of ‘24

Photo taken by Lee Van Cleave
Senior, Stephanie Dunham, preparing for the next play.

Fair Grove’s 2024 High School students will be graduating from high school on May 16. Senior students have a lot of experiences from high school and wisdom for lowerclassmen. 

Student Body President, Stephanie Dunham (12), is involved in High School Girls Soccer, National Honor Society President, and Color Guard in Band. She gave one of her biggest learning experiences that she holds close to, “Throughout high school, the biggest learning experience I cherish is learning how to deal with failure. There are many times throughout high school where you will inevitably fail and it is very important to learn how to deal with that failure.”

At Fair Grove, one of the big goals is to keep everyone as involved as possible. Liam Draper (12), involved in Track, Cross Country, Band, and FBLA, talked about his favorite part of high school, “It’s hard to narrow down a favorite memory from high school but a big one for me is my senior season of Cross Country. This season I grew so much closer to my teammates and I felt like we had the biggest connection we have ever had as a team.” 

For Evyn Jones (12), involvement is a very important part of high school as it brings many opportunities for friends and new interests. Jones stated, “I think my favorite memories come from late school nights. I love doing things on school nights even if I’m out late, because it keeps life entertaining and exciting.” 

“Some advice I would give to those coming into their freshman year would be to get involved as much as possible. Some of my most fond memories throughout high school have come from within my extracurriculars,” said Dunham. She continued, “It is also very important to learn time management early on in order to prevent burnout and getting behind on school work. Along with that don’t force yourself to grow up too fast. Just relax and enjoy the season of life you are currently in.” 

Draper stated, “The biggest piece of advice I would give to a freshman next year would be to join as many clubs and sports as possible. You will grow and learn the most by doing sports with your friends, more than you will without any extracurricular activities.” Draper also stated that his biggest learning experience has been his history classes because he feels that he has learned the most in those classes. 

Jones said, “Anything can be fun if you make it fun. Being able to live by that idea this past school year has made my senior year so enjoyable.”