Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Man Neumann

Brian+Neumann+at+the+Fair+Grove+track+meet+coaching+the+throwers.+
Photo taken by Seth Hardison
Brian Neumann at the Fair Grove track meet coaching the throwers.

The Fair Grove High School Track and Field throwing coach, Brian Neumann, is new to Fair Grove as of this year, and has already started to have an impact on the district.

Coach Neumann started working at Fair Grove this year in place of Coach Wingo. Neumann said, “What stood out to me about Fair Grove is the strong community that rallies behind the school. It is really something special that Fair Grove has to offer, and it’s what makes the students here so amazing.”

The Fair Grove High School Track Coach, Michael Zanzie, feels that Coach Neumann has impacted the district in many ways. Zanzie said, “Coach Neumann has brought a tremendous amount to our program this year. He is an extremely knowledgeable individual in both the throwing department and strength/conditioning. We had a position to fill this year with Coach Wingo stepping down and I couldn’t think of a better person to fill that spot than Brian.”

Neumann stated, “Getting to see my students PR or get better grades and having them come to me excited is truly my favorite part of being a teacher and a coach. Celebrating big and small wins for my students is the best part about this job.” He loves seeing students improve upon themselves.

Neumann loves hearing about his student’s new improvements. Neumann stated, “Just walking through the halls on days that I get to sub means so much to me. Hearing my students call after me in the hall or asking for a high five or a fist bump means the world to me and it reminds me every day to continue to be a positive influence for all of my students here at Fair Grove.”

In his short time working at Fair Grove High School, Coach Neumann has made an impact on the district outside of just sports. Zanzie stated, “Aside from coaching track and field, Coach Neumann has also provided a critical need in our district by substituting. He has filled many roles this semester and subbed in every building on campus.”

Neumann acknowledged Coach Faubion and Coach Zanzie for having a great effect on his career by stating, “Both of them have been so helpful and welcoming to me. They have given me so much amazing and critical advice that has guided me to become a better teacher and coach. I truly respect each of them and their abilities as coaches and teachers”

Coach Neumann has affected students, staff members, and the district as a whole in his short time working at Fair Grove High School.