Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

FBLA State: Standing on Business

Photo provided by Cayse Overstreet
FBLA state qualifiers at the Great Southern Bank Arena. (Right to Left: Ryanne Crutcher, Addyson Nunley, Hannah Schwab, Keith Nolan, Liam Draper, Bjarne Reinhold, Benjamin Barton)

The Fair Grove Future Business Leaders of America took a group of students to compete for state at Missouri State University on April 17th.

FBLA is designed to inspire and create involved business leaders with community in mind, as well as helping prepare students for business and showing them what it takes to be a good leader. Students become involved in FBLA to gain knowledge and learn the high standards of a leadership role. 

It takes lots of studying to make it to state. Fair Grove High School FBLA President, Atticus Brandes (11), on top of studying, takes care of schedules and coordinating events to keep a balance in FBLA. 

Brandes stated, “I conduct meetings, assist with setting up events, and overall maintain the club as a whole.” 

Brandes later said, “I prepared for state by studying flashcards for the tests and recollecting on scores from our district events.”

On the topic of preparing for state, Addyson Nunley (11) said to prepare, “I studied lots of Quizlets and took practice tests.” Along with that, Nunley mentioned that she hoped to place well and expected to place fourth or higher in order to move on and go to Nationals. 

Bjarne Reinhold (11), a foreign exchange student at Fair Grove High School talked about his experience in FBLA. Reinhold stated, “I had no idea what FBLA was about, but there were a lot of people joining so I decided to join as well. I was definitely worth it because of all of the great experiences and memories it makes.” He later stated his feeling about the experience FBLA gives, saying that everyone is capable of valuable experiences, and that it makes students more prepared for future jobs.

There are many roles within FBLA. Nunley explained her role, saying, “I am FBLA vice president at large. My job is to shadow the president and do all of the jobs they do whenever they aren’t present or need help.”

Fair Grove took their FBLA State qualifiers, including but not limited to: Addyson Nunley, Bjarne Reinhold, and Atticus Brandes. The FBLA qualifiers went to MSU to compete against other schools in hopes of moving on to Nationals. 

As FBLA is overseen by its advisor Mrs. Overstreet and its business education teacher Mr. Supancic, the students and members of this club continue study and prepare for future competitions.