Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Teachers Flying into Fair Grove Schools

Ryan Highstreet teaching. (photo taken by Alix Harris)

Fair Grove schools have welcomed many new teachers in a variation of classes and grades to start out the year.

One important thing when it comes to new teachers coming into the Fair Grove community is making sure they are comfortable with their surroundings, coworkers, and students. “This year we did a fun scavenger hunt in our initial staff meeting to break the ice and have a little fun while getting familiar with our building and school history,” stated Marc Green, the principal at Fair Grove Middle School.

According to Mr. Green, most years the staff of Fair Grove Schools do some sort of  interactive activity for the new staff to make sure they feel welcome. Another important thing for new teachers is to feel comfortable with their students. There are many great ways students can help new teachers and staff members feel welcome.

“Ways students could help new teachers would be respectful above all else and to not be afraid to have conversations with their new teachers. Connecting through conversations is a great way to make anyone feel welcome,” stated Tonya Peck, the counselor at Fair Grove High School.

This year we did not welcome any new teachers to the high school but we did welcome Mrs. La Scala, Ryan Highstreet, Mrs. Bell, and Mrs. Barker to the middle school.

These new to Fair Grove teachers are teaching a variety of classes such as Mrs. La Scala in special education, Ryan Highstreet teaching social studies, Mrs. Bell teaching fifth grade and Mrs. Barker teaching technology education. 

Green stated, “Treat all new staff with respect and kindness to make them feel welcome in our FGS community. We are always excited about welcoming new faces into our district and building. I am ecstatic with the level of experience we have teaching in the middle school. Our new teachers come into the year with 50+ years of combined experience.”

Experience is something that is very valued by the Fair Grove staff, including Mr. Green himself. These teachers tend to build their lessons around the best way for their students to learn and enjoy doing it at the same time.

At Fair Grove schools, many new teachers are often welcomed; between the elementary up to the high school and it is always important, especially at the beginning of the year to be respectful, polite and helpful.