Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Seniors of 2024 Signing Out and On to Bigger and Better

Photo taken by Samantha Saylor
Future MSU students Evyn Jones, Piper Logan, Seth Hardison, and Savannah Ipock (left to right)

As Fair Grove’s 2024 Senior Class is finishing up their time in high school, they are graduating on May 16, 2024, and making important decisions for their future.

Many of the seniors are making college decisions, or deciding where to get a job to prepare for their future. Along with that, seniors are spending some days reminiscing on the things they have enjoyed throughout their high school years, the good times along with the bad. 

Camille Boyer (12), is graduating fifth in her class as a member of Summa Cum Laude. She is committed to the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas. While she is there, she is planning on getting her Bachelor’s degree in Biology, while also completing part of the Pre-Medical track that is offered there. After graduating from the University of Arkansas, she is interested in attending medical school in South Carolina, where she will become a physician likely in pediatrics or dermatology.

Although Boyer is excited to begin a new chapter in her life, she had a few words of advice to offer to younger students. “You are going to have your ups and downs in high school, but appreciate every second you spend with your friends and classmates because these are the years you will look back at in the future,” she stated. Boyer believes that younger students should not wish their years away, although it may be tempting.

Charlie Harp (12) is graduating 12th in his class as a member of the Magna Cum Laude, and also had a few words of advice to offer to students younger than him. After graduation, Harp is committed to attending Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Missouri to study civil engineering. 

Harp stated, “(In the future,) I plan to do something involving drafting which is basically taking structures such as a bridge or a building of some kind and doing the math and making changes to ensure that it doesn’t collapse under its own weight.”

Harp’s advice to underclassmen is, “…if you are offered an opportunity to do something, take it. You will always have the ability to quit something if you really don’t like it, but most of the time if you miss the deadline to sign up you won’t be able to join.”

Despite the seniors’ time at Fair Grove coming to an end, they are moving on to a new chapter in their lives. Their graduation date is set for May 16, 2024 at High Street Baptist Church from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m..