Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ayden Teaster: An Inspiration to All

Photo Taken by Jorgie Teaster
Ayden Teaster senior picture

Ayden Teaster (12) is a student at Fair Grove High School who is very involved in clubs such as marching and concert band, competitive jazz band, Newspaper, and National Honors Society (NHS).

Teaster wrapped up his final marching season as a drum major for the marching band. He was awarded best soloist for his saxophone solo in both preliminary and final awards at the Ozarko Missouri State Marching Competition.

According to Liam Draper (12), a longtime friend of Ayden, Teaster is an important member of the Real Life Church; he volunteers to sing in the church band and plays guitar and lead for some of the songs on Sunday mornings. 

Teaster plans to attend Baptist Bible College and pursue degrees in business and pastoral studies following graduation. Teaster explained, “My faith is the most important thing I have in my life and I want to dedicate my life to helping people come to know Jesus. I want to show others the love of Christ through my actions.”

Natalie Palomo, the director of all the bands at Fair Grove, has watched Teaster grow and change as a musician and as a person. Palomo commented, “… to see that [his personality] take shape as a stronger musician and a leader in the program has been amazing. While Ayden has always been the sort of kid who can get a laugh out of the group, he’s now also a member who others respect and listen to, and for good reason.”

Teaster stated, “The biggest obstacle that I have overcome in high school is balancing everything on my plate. I’m always very busy and I have been every single year.”

Furthermore, Draper said, “Ayden’s biggest strength is the fact that he is good at everything that he puts his mind to.”

Jorgie Teaster, Ayden’s mother, added, “Ayden has always marched to the beat of his drum. He is authentic and doesn’t succumb to pressure to be someone he is not…. He never shies away from a challenge and knows deep down that he is the creator of his life.” 

Mrs. Teaster continued talking about what makes Ayden unique, “He has always been a fast learner and has always enjoyed being in the spotlight… His gramps used to say he was either going to be a politician, a salesman, or a preacher because he was so talkative and enjoyed sharing what he knew with the world.”

According to Teaster, “My mom has taught me so much about how to be a good person and how to live my life in a way that will help others.” 

Furthermore Teaster added, “My dad has taught me so much about the world. He taught me how to be a man, how to be responsible, how to prepare myself for the future, and how to take care of others around me.”

Even with Teaster’s one-liners and antics Palomo stated, “Ayden’s leadership shined through in his actions before he held a title. He was always supportive of his section and others in the band, and held himself to a high standard no matter what.” 

Palomo mentioned that when he applied for Drum Major it was an easy choice because of his strengths as a player. “His strengths are keeping time and keeping others on track by playing with confidence and people naturally follow him,” explained Palomo.

Mrs. Teaster voiced, “J.R. and I are so very blessed to have Ayden as our son…we have always been proud of everything he has accomplished and I know God will use him as an instrument of peace and love in his future.”

Teaster’s advice to underclassmen was, “…I would like to say to never give up. God has a plan… The impact that you have on others is such a powerful thing and God’s timing is always perfect… just know that it is all for the benefit of those who love the Lord and are spreading his everlasting love and joy.”

Ayden Teaster continues to shine as an example of what a Fair Grove Eagle should strive to be. His motivation and dedication to this school continues to show how he impacts his peers and fellow students.