Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Academic All-State Students Shine Both Academically and Athletically

Photo taken by Rebecca Kepes
Academic All-State recipient Faith Klindworth being recognized with Mr. and Mrs. Klindworth during volleyball senior night.

Fair Grove students who are involved in sports are being recognized for both their excellent performance during the athletic season and for excelling with their grades in school.

Academic All-State is a prestigious award that is granted to students that are key players on sports teams. These students have been able to work hard during practices and games as well as keeping on top of all their school work. 

In order to qualify for this award, students must be a starter on a sports team and play over 70% of games and to be recommended by the head coach of the team. These athletes also have to be in the top 20% of their class academically, achieve at least a 3.5 GPA, or get a 25 or higher on their ACT scores. Even with such strict guidelines, multiple Fair Grove Eagles were able to rise to the occasion. 

There were seven players on the Fair Grove Girls Volleyball Team who won this award.  Faith Klindworth (12), Hannah Maxwell (12),  Allison Findley (12), Brooke Daniels (11), Abbey Green (11), Ashton Bell (11), and Shea Skouby (11). 

Faith Klindworth (12). Klindworth was the starting libero on the State Champion Volleyball team and has put in countless hours on both her sport and her grades. Klindworth stated, “I have become much more time efficient and am learning to take advantage of every free moment in school to pull out my homework so I have less to do after practice.”

Klindworth appreciates the recognition that comes with receiving the award and all of the struggle she has pushed through. Klindworth said, “It has been very challenging with many late night studies and sacrificing things I want to do for schoolwork.”

The Fair Grove Football team had two members who were awarded including Seth Hardison (12), and Oakland Morrison (12).

Another athlete who has worked hard in the classroom this year is Seth Hardison (12). Hardison was the starting defensive nose tackle and left tackle for the football team. Just like Klindworth, Hardison is set to graduate as Summa Cum Laude, which is the top academic honors that a senior can achieve at Fair Grove High School.

Achieving this award has helped Hardison learn many important life skills he will need for his future. Hardison explained, “Balancing school and sports has been demanding yet rewarding. It required sacrifice, but the discipline and skills I gained will be used throughout the rest of my life.” 

Hardison was able to achieve this award through the help and support of others around him. Hardison stated, “My motivation for excelling in both school and sports stemmed from my grandpa pushing me to be the best person I can be and fueled my desire to push myself to my fullest potential. My coaches and family have also helped to keep me motivated through it all.”

Fair Grove Cross Country had 12 members who won the honor. The boys team had Luke Bueshcer (12), Liam Draper (12), Nolen Geitz (11), Macklen Johnson (10), Tayton Andrews (9), and Bjarne Reinhold (11). The girls team had Evyn Jones (12), Camille Boyer (12), Audrey Lemon (10), Lyla Bell (9), Elise Jackson (9) and Ryanne Crutcher (9).

Another student who has worked hard to be recognized is Liam Draper (12). Draper is the captain of the boys cross country team and is also a sprinter on the track team. Draper noted, “It feels good that the school takes time to recognize all of the athletes that do well in their sport and in the classroom.”

This is an award that many Fair Grove starting athletes who have put in extra effort have achieved this year. They have earned the notability that comes with the Academic All-State Award.