Eagle's Eye

Fair Grove High School's Online Source for News

• We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

Eagle's Eye

Eagle's Eye

Polls

What is your favorite summer activity?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Signing for Success

Photo Taken by Keith Nolan
Senior Taylor Green singing for Southwest Baptist University with her parents Mike Green (left) and Melissa Green (right)

Eight of Fair Grove’s High School Seniors invited their family and friends to congratulate them on officially signing for their future college during the Signing Day Ceremony on May 1st, 2024. 

Some student athletes work throughout their high school career to eventually play collegiately.  These students made their final decision of how they would continue their athletic career after high school during the Signing Day Ceremony. 

Signing for college is not something students should take lightly. Fair Grove Schools Athletic Director and Assistant High School Principal, Damon Seiger said, “To get to this place where they are fortunate enough to go on and have the opportunity to play at the next level. There is nothing more rewarding for our coaches than for them to see their students excel into their next opportunity and challenge.”

A big part of their decision is their experience at a college visit, tour, or a positive recruitment environment. Taylor Green (12), who signed with Southern Baptist University (SBU), said, “I decided to sign with SBU for Track & Field because through the recruiting process the Coaches cared for me a lot, and showed so much interest. As well as on my visit I could just easily see myself attending the university, and being a part of the culture.”

Faith Klindworth (12) added on her reason for signing with College of the Ozarks (C of O), “I have heard nothing but amazing things about this college and I love the people I’ve met. The coach and the volleyball girls are so pure and kind. I am looking forward to living out God’s plan and seeing how he moves in my life these next few years.”

The opportunity of signing for your future college is an amazing step, said Seiger, “We have a total of eight students that signed to continue their athletic careers. I feel very good and gracious for the group we have. They are going into amazing programs going forward.”

Seiger also added, “In the past three or four years this has been the most success in which Fair Grove Schools has ever achieved in athletics. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication that they have put into these departments. We are excited for these students to achieve more in this next step.”

Many family, friends, and teammates showed up to support the seniors that were signing. Students will continue to live out their athletic career in college while using the talents, skills, and perseverance they have obtained throughout high school.